Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Halloween Already?

One of my favorite things to think about is what I want to be for Halloween next year. In 2007 I was a panda and a ballerina and two different parties. The year before that I made a cardboard box that looked like a television (my screen name) and everyone thought I was my husband and best friend's 12-year-old kid which made me realize I can't always dress like a 12-year-old kid if it's going to end up pissing me off.

I'm trying to think of costumes that will be good for me and an my husband so that when I get my sewing machine back I can start working on them. Halloween costume contests always give away a stupid amount of money. I know in my heart the prizes probably would go to the skimpiest or most topical costume but in my imagination it would be the most elaborate.

My first idea is Beetlejuice and Lydia. The upside to that is that Lydia looks friggin' awesome, the downside is that Beetlejuice is pretty disgusting looking. Beetlejuice would probably require a wig because he has pretty sparse hair. But their sizes are about right for us.







What would awesome and probably really difficult to make is the Joker and Harley Quinn. I think we would make great ones. And the costume would be pretty topical since the new Batman movie is coming out this summer. I can't wait to see it.

No comments: